How Much Can a 2022 Jeep Compass Tow?
Although the 2022 Jeep Compass may be a bit smaller in stature in comparison to other jeep models, there’s no need to worry about its towing capabilities. So, how much can a 2022 Jeep Compass tow? This mighty SUV is more than capable of towing around Conway, with the 2022 Jeep Compass towing capacity reaching out a reliable 2,000 lbs when properly equipped.
Learn more about how to get the most out of the adventures around North Myrtle Beach with the 2022 Jeep Compass, and browse our new Compass inventory online at Myrtle Beach Chrysler Jeep.
2022 Jeep Compass Towing Capacity & Engine Specs
In addition to being able to tow up to 2,000 lbs, the 2022 Jeep Compass is perfect for any camping trip outside of Surfside Beach. This trusty SUV can seat up to 5 passengers, and has a spacious cabin with 59.8 cubic feet of cargo space. Every configuration of the 2022 Jeep Compass comes standard with a 2.4L MultiAir engine with the option to choose FWD or 4WD.
See what the 2022 Jeep Compass engine specs below:
- 2.4L I-4 MultiAir engine with FWD
- 180 hp
- 175 lb-ft of torque
- 6-speed automatic transmission
- EPA-estimated 22 mpg city/31 mpg highway
- 4,400 Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)
For better off-roading, you should choose 4WD over FWD. This is because you’ll get a 9-speed automatic transmission instead of 6-speed, and the GVWR will increase.
2022 Jeep Compass Towing Package & Features
To ease any towing task, the 2022 Jeep Compass comes with the following package and features for safer towing:
- Jeep Compass Towing Package: Includes a four-pin wiring harness and a Class III tow hitch receiver.
- ParkView® Rear Back-Up Camera: Uses dynamic gridlines to make hitching your trailer easier than ever
- Water Fording – Uses high air intakes and special water sealing to help get your boat into the water easier without damaging your 2022 Jeep Compass
- Selec-Terrain® Traction Management System – Has modes for driving in the Snow, Sand, Mud, as well as available Rock terrain mode
- Hill Descent Control — Available exclusively on the 2022 Jeep Compass Trailhawk® trim and adjusts braking, speed, and throttle when driving on a steep incline
- Jeep® Active Drive Low 4×4 System – Also available on Trailhawk® trim and allows you to flip between 2WD and 4WD for better traction
What Can the 2022 Jeep Compass Tow?
So, what can a 2022 Jeep Compass tow? We know that the 2022 Jeep Compass towing capacity is 2,000 lbs, but what does 2,000 lbs look like? In addition to being able to tow 3,733 Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supremes, the 2022 Jeep Compass can tow the following:
- Small teardrop trailer
- Small boat
- Small A-frame camper
- Utility trailer
- Two stand-up jet skis
- Four kayaks
Though, don’t try to tow anything from Taco Bell, just stick to the things mentioned above.
Get Your Jeep Compass Towing Ready in Myrtle Beach Today
Already have the 2022 Jeep Compass, but are looking to get your vehicle towing ready? Schedule an appointment with our service center, and we’ll go ahead and install any towing parts for you. Before you do that, check out our service and parts specials to save more on your visit.
More from Myrtle Beach Chrysler Jeep
This one-of-a-kind minivan is here to show you that you don’t have to sacrifice for plenty of spac and features. Whether you choose the FWD or AWD version of the Chrysler Pacifica, you’re still getting great gas mileage. Conway drivers can look forward to an EPA-estimated 19 city and 28 highway Chrysler Pacifica mpg…
If taking on the off-road trails in South Carolina is your favorite way of spending your weekends, then you deserve a bold and capable vehicle for these adventures. The new Jeep Wrangler 4xe is an off-road-ready machine running on hybrid power that would make a great match to your Conway lifestyle. But what can…
Maybe you’ve noticed the new Grand Wagoneer and you’re curious if it can tow your jet ski or motorcycle. How much can the 2023 Grand Wagoneer tow? The 2023 Grand Wagoneer towing capacity is a respectable 9,850 pounds. What can the 2023 Grand Wagoneer tow with that kind of towing capacity? More than you might…