How Much Can a Jeep Wrangler Tow?
A properly equipped 2-door Wrangler can tow up to 2,000 pounds — but how much can a Jeep Wrangler tow if you opt for a 4-door Wrangler Unlimited? In that case, the Wrangler towing capacity jumps to 3,500 pounds! The 2020 Jeep Wrangler also comes with a range of other standard and available towing features, designed to boost towing power and keep your trailer steady as you tow from Conway to North Myrtle Beach. Read our guide below to learn about the features that set the Wrangler towing capacity apart from the crowd!
2020 Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity
No matter which trim you select for your Wrangler, towing capacity remains a strength for this compact SUV. As noted above, the 4-door Unlimited can tow 3,500 pounds and all 2-door Wranglers can tow at least 2,000. That said, some 2-door Wrangler configurations can handle even more! Keep these points in mind as your explore the capability of each Wrangler trim:
- Most Wrangler trims are available in 2-door and 4-door configurations.
- The Sport Altitude, Sahara, and Sahara Altitude trims are only available as 4-door models — so you can be sure that any Wrangler Sport Altitude, Sahara, or Sahara Altitude model you buy has the max Jeep Wrangler towing capacity of 3,500 pounds!
- For 2020, the Wrangler lineup adds the Willys and Black & Tan models.
Which Wrangler 4×4 System is Best for Towing?
How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow when equipped with the right 4x4x system? If you want to optimize your Wrangler for towing, select the Command-Trac® 4×4 system. If you’re not looking for max towing, the other 4×4 systems provide their own benefits:
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 — Engages 2-wheel drive for good road conditions, but switches to 4×4 if you encounter snow, rain, ice, or mud in Surfside Beach.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 — 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect deliver excellent off-road performance.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 — Your best choice for towing, Command-Trac® allows you to select a neutral-range option for heavy towing on flat terrain. It also has your back on unsteady surfaces and rough roads, with a 2.72:1 low gear ratio.
Jeep Wrangler Towing Features
Your Wrangler needs a proper power-up to reach its towing potential. Opt for the Trailer Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group packages to gain the following features:
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance Free Battery
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
Looking for more towing power without sacrificing that legendary Jeep off-road capability? Take a look at the all-new Jeep Gladiator, and feel free to contact us to learn more about how it compares with the Wrangler!
Test Drive the 2020 Jeep Wrangler in Myrtle Beach
How much can the 2020 Jeep Wrangler tow? You can be sure it’s more than enough to fuel your Conway adventures! If you’re ready to steer a Wrangler for yourself, don’t wait to get behind the wheel. Check out our new Jeep Wrangler inventory and contact us to schedule a test drive today!
Learn More at Myrtle Beach Chrysler Jeep
The 2020 Jeep Compass is the perfect vehicle for all of life’s rocky roads and terrains. Myrtle Beach drivers don’t drive the same route, which is why we’re taking you through the different Jeep Compass configurations to help you decide which 2020 Jeep Compass is the perfect fit for you. You can find all of our…
There’s a trim for every North Myrtle Beach driver on the new 2020 Chrysler Pacifica. With seven trim levels and a hybrid option, the Pacifica is a versatile minivan perfect for your next vehicle. Learn more about available Chrysler Pacifica trim levels below, then browse our online Pacifica inventory to find your perfect match! View Pacifica InventoryContact…
The 2020 Jeep Cherokee offers seven trim levels, and each level has two configurations (4WD and AWD), except the Trailhawk®, which has one. That’s thirteen distinct configurations for North Myrtle Beach car buyers to choose from. Explore our available Cherokee inventory online today or learn more about the Jeep Cherokee trim levels with our helpful guide. View…