What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
Most drivers already know that checking what’s on the odometer is an important part of shopping for pre-owned vehicles, but exactly what is good mileage on a used car? It used to be that picking a used model with over 100,000 miles on the clock meant taking a gamble, but that’s no longer strictly true – a well-maintained vehicle can now last years without showing its age, even after breaking six figures.
With that in mind, we’ve put together a quick overview of important factors Conway area drivers should consider before taking home a used Jeep Gladiator.
Questions to Ask When Shopping for a Used Car
Mileage might be an important concern, but it shouldn’t be the only thing you look at. Other questions you should ask include:
- How Has the Car Been Used? Racking up 50,000 miles mostly in stop-and-go traffic in a used RAM 1500 is going to wear parts out sooner than covering the same number of miles on the highway between North Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach.
- Where Has the Vehicle Been Driven? Cold, wet climates put more strain on vehicles than hot, dry climates.
- What’s the Vehicle’s Condition? Make sure a certified mechanic inspects for any rust or mechanical problems.
- How Has the Vehicle Been Maintained? Even low-mileage vehicles might not be a safe bet if they have an irregular service history.
Finding Good Mileage for Used Car Models
As noted above, there are many factors beyond mileage, so don’t let a low number sway your decision. Here are a few further points to keep in mind:
- You’ll usually be better off buying a newer used car with high mileage than an older used car with low mileage.
- A vehicle that hasn’t been driven frequently often has surprising high repair costs since issues can develop when a vehicle sits idle for long periods.
- A well-documented maintenance history should be considered vastly preferable to a spotty one.
- You’ll almost always spend more for a low-mileage vehicle.
You might also want to consider picking up a certified pre-owned vehicle to enjoy lower mileage than most used models, plus several further benefits.
Find a Wide Range of Used Models Available from Myrtle Beach Chrysler Jeep
Whatever you’re looking for in a used vehicle, our team can help you find it. For any further advice or assistance, feel free to contact us online or give us a call at 843-353-6349.
More from Myrtle Beach Chrysler Jeep
This one-of-a-kind minivan is here to show you that you don’t have to sacrifice for plenty of spac and features. Whether you choose the FWD or AWD version of the Chrysler Pacifica, you’re still getting great gas mileage. Conway drivers can look forward to an EPA-estimated 19 city and 28 highway Chrysler Pacifica mpg…
If taking on the off-road trails in South Carolina is your favorite way of spending your weekends, then you deserve a bold and capable vehicle for these adventures. The new Jeep Wrangler 4xe is an off-road-ready machine running on hybrid power that would make a great match to your Conway lifestyle. But what can…
Maybe you’ve noticed the new Grand Wagoneer and you’re curious if it can tow your jet ski or motorcycle. How much can the 2023 Grand Wagoneer tow? The 2023 Grand Wagoneer towing capacity is a respectable 9,850 pounds. What can the 2023 Grand Wagoneer tow with that kind of towing capacity? More than you might…